Program Assistant for the Equal Opportunity and Compliance Office Title IX Team
The Equal Opportunity and Compliance Office at UNC Chapel Hill is seeking one paid, part-time, temporary Program Assistant to work with Title IX team for the 2016-2017 academic year. This position will work on a variety of education and prevention initiatives including the Helping Advocates for Violence Ending Now (HAVEN) program which trains students/staff to respond to disclosures of sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking. The Program Assistant will report to the Title IX Program Coordinator in the Equal Opportunity and Compliance office. Typical work hours are between 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday, although occasional evening and possible weekend hours are expected.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
o Provide support services for the HAVEN program, including but not limited to:
o Present HAVEN curriculum to students, faculty, and staff alongside full-time staff
o Coordinate and manage HAVEN training schedule including advertising trainings, email participants training information, preparing training materials
o Outreach to specific campus groups to schedule and facilitate HAVEN trainings
o Analysis of data collected from HAVEN evaluations
ü Assist with the creation and delivery of trainings on Title IX and related issues for the campus community.
ü Create publicity materials for various trainings and office initiatives.
ü Develop working relationships with groups and departments throughout the UNC Community.
ü Work respectfully and effectively with people of various ages, cultures, and backgrounds.
ü Assume other duties as needed.
- A Bachelor of Arts degree from a nationally accredited institution with an advanced degree in progress.
- Ability to work 15 hours per week for the duration of the academic year. Occasional evening hours required.
- Experience in sexual/interpersonal violence prevention or response. Working knowledge of Title IX is preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing programs.
- Excellent skills in facilitation, education, and communication.
- Ability to work independently, follow-up on assignments, and take initiative on projects.
- Working knowledge of cultural competencies.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references to Jenn Scott, Title IX Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: April 20th, 2016.
For more information about the Equal Opportunity and Compliance office, visit our website at http://equalopportunity-ada.unc.edu/. Information on the HAVEN program is found on this website.
The University of North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.