Being in a healthy relationships means…
Other Characteristics of a Healthy Relationship
Direct, kind, and clear communication is the most effective way to communicate with your partner. We can minimize conflict by learning to express our needs, wants, hopes, and desires clearly and caringly. We can also listen to other people and hear what they have to say. Respecting them as well as ourselves is part of this process.
– “I want this, but what do you want?”
– “How can we work this out?”
– “I care about what you need. I want to solve this.”
– You often get your needs met.
– You build and maintain the relationship.
– Your partner respects you.
– You work towards peace in the relationship.
Healthy Relationships (CHS)
Image Source: http://www.centerforhealthtraining.org/calendar/events/e09_09-17audio.html