Compass Center for Women and Families is gearing up for fall training for a number of volunteer and intern positions! We would love for you to share this information with individuals who may be interested in working with survivors of domestic violence. Check out all of our volunteer positions on our website. You can access our volunteer/intern application here.
We are currently recruiting for and in most need of:
- Domestic Violence Advocates – work directly with survivors in-person and over the phone on our 24-hour hotline providing crisis intervention, emotional support, shelter placement, and community referrals. Compass Center has a great need at this time for Spanish-speaking advocates!
- Spanish Interpreter/Translators – Interpret with clients over the hotline and in-person, and/or translate written materials including educational information and court-related documents.
- Information & Referral Volunteers – first point of contact for individuals who call or come to our office; FRVs welcome clients, assess their needs and goals, and connect them to Compass Center services and community resources.
- IPV Community Educators for Adults – facilitate presentations, workshops, and trainings that educate the community about domestic violence and Compass Center services. We have a strong need for bilingual educators.
- Career Program Volunteers – Assist Compass Center clients in job search, resume/cover letter development, and other career-related needs.
- Childcare Volunteers – provide childcare for Compass Center clients while they attend our support groups and workshops.
Please also check out our current internship listings, including our Career Advising Internship!